Adventurous routes are great fun to ride, but can pose a threat to your engine. Protect it in style from rocks, dirt and kicked up debris by installing the Rugged Roads Skid Plate.
Made of 4mm anodised aluminium, our skid plate gives protection to the oil filter, catalytic converter and header pipes. It closely conforms to the underside of your bike for protection that doesn’t sacrifice ground clearance.
This design is fully precision welded, creating a strong unit that deflects dangerous debris away from your bike. It attaches using the BMW OEM fasteners that are completely protected, eliminating the possibility of snags.
Stainless steel 316L brackets are included for mounting, which maintain the original BMW OEM rubber mounts for ensured engine safety. The brackets extend the life of the rubber mounts by providing an extra cushion on bumpy rides, whilst also keeping the skid plate from twisting and shearing the mounts.
No matter where you ride, you can keep going without worry by installing the Rugged Roads Skid Plate.
Available in anodised Silver and anodised Black.
• Compatible with OEM BMW centre stand
• Compatible with OEM BMW crash bars
• Compatible with Givi crash bars
• Compatible with Touratech crash bars
• Compatible with SW Motech crash bars
• Compatible with Adventure-Spec crash bars
• Compatible with AltRider crash bars
• Extremely lightweight anodised aluminium 5251-H22 construction, no heavy steel
• All corners radiused – no sharp bits to snag on trail debris
• 6 mounting points to distribute impact loading
• Easy to install; all mounting brackets have stainless steel threaded hex inserts installed – no loose nuts!
• Mounting points for optional Skid Plate Tool Box
This Skid Plate fits the following models:
• BMW F650GS (Twin)
• BMW F700GS
• BMW F800GS (2008 – 2012)
• BMW F800GS (2013 >)
• BMW F800GS Adventure (2014 >)