These are the Limited Edition Hardback Book with RNS TripMaster XL³ sets with MATCHING NUMBERS that were issued by Honda to the first 800 European customers of the CRF1000 Africa Twin in 2016
These are brand new with still sealed, and the RNS TripMaster being 'plug and play' ready, and are no longer available and cannot be ordered from Honda.
The RNS TripMaster can be plugged directly into the existing wiring loom on your CRF1000 or CRF1000 Adventure Sport
Each Tripmaster XL³ has the unique number and country laser etched on the top of the unit.
Each Hardback Book has an aluminium plaque engraved with the same unique number and country as the TripMaster.
Please select which number kit you want - to check if it is still available.
TRIPMASTER XL³ INSTRUMENT
The Tripmaster XL³ is a beautifully engineered, easy to operate, and very accurate instrument (much more accurate than your dash speedo) and are used by the majority of competitors both amateur and Factory (KTM, Honda HRC, Yamaha, Husqvarna) in all of the major Rally Raids - Dakar, Tuareg, Baja, Pharoans, Africa Eco Race, etc.
- 2x individually adjustable trips: A and B up to 999.9Km/Mi
- Each with a selectable resolution of 100m or 10m (with 1mm precision)
- Trip B can be switched off
- Speed display
- Current speed
- Top speed display (easy to reset)
- Wheel circumference adjustable with 1mm accuracy
- Automatic wheel calibration function
- Integrated odometers
- Resettable “oil change” odometer
- Static/non-resettable lifetime odometer
- 24-hour Clock
- CNC machined aluminium casing (not plastic), anodised in matte black, with laser etched unique number and country.
- Sun visor integrated into the casing, means the screen is always easy to read - no more ugly duct-tape solutions!
- 2 large click-feedback membrane buttons on the left side for easy use even when wearing gloves
- Remote Handlebar controls with 3 large click-feedback membrane buttons. CNC machined aluminium casing, anodised in matte black.
- 100% water and dust proof
- Also applies to connectors for wheel, remote and power
- Large, wide and contrast-strong 18mm tall digits for easy visibility when riding
- Perfect readability under bright sunlight and dust
- Power can be either 2x CR2032 batteries (they last a long time, easily measured in months rather than hours) or external 12V (backlight only available when using 12V power from the bike)
- Light blue backlit LCD at night - a really pleasant light which isn't intrusive but allows the unit to be read easily
- Choice of either Metric (km and km/h) or Imperial (miles and mph)
- Weight - 300g
- Dimensions - 95mm x 50mm x 37mm
- RNS Tripmaster XL³
- Remote Handlebar Controls
- Front wheel sensor (M8 screw type)
- Strong neodym wheel magnet
- Power connector
- Mounting parts: grommets, washers and nuts
- Full installation instructions specific to the CRF1000 Africa Twin (download link)
- Full User Manual
Tripmaster XL³ Remote Switch
- CNC machined aluminium
- Anodised in matte black
- Large click-feedback membrane buttons for easy pressing even when wearing gloves
- Fixing clamp to L/H mirror mount
- 2x screws
- User Instructions
- Warranty is valid for 2 years from date of receipt of the entire kit.
- It does not cover any damages caused by improper or incorrect use or installation or from any physical damage attained from an accident.
Instructions - (click to download - opens in new window)
The Hardback Book was produced by Honda Motor Europe Ltd, Italia - specifically for the launch of the CRF1000 Africa Twin in 2016.
Individually numbered with unique number and country on an aluminium plaque on the front cover.
- CRF1000L Africa Twin: dream and reality
- Naoshi Iizuka: Large Project Leader
- Maurizio Carbonara: Designer
- CRF1000L Africa Twin: Accessories
- CRF450 Rally: Return to Dakar
- Edi Orioli: How I won the Dakar
- XLV750R 1984: Test
- Akira Takahashi: The first XRV
- XRV650 Africa Twin 1988: Test
- XRV750 Africa Twin 1990: Test
- XRV750 Africa Twin 1993: Test
- XRV650/750: Special Versions
- Travel and Travellers