Fits all standard models, Adventure Sports model requires removal of OEM skid plate, optional extension not currently compatible with Adventure Sports model.
Honda makes their return to the adventure market with the rebooted Africa Twin. Like its Dakar-winning predecessors, it’s designed to conquer the toughest terrain you can throw at it. A lot can happen when you leave the pavement on a 534-lb (242-kg) motorcycle. The AltRider skid plate was engineered from the ground up to provide better coverage, strength and ground clearance than any other skid plate on the market. The optional AltRider Skid Plate Extension is a modular add-on part that extends Altrider's already generous skid plate protection all the way back to the rear shock linkage.
Honda’s Africa Twin utilizes a classic dirtbike-inspired dual frame rail. AltRider embraced this approach by designing a skid plate that builds on the advantages provided by this type of frame. Unlike other designs on the market, AltRider utilizes four bolt locations on the frame instead of nesting the bracket on one side. This bracket design provides a strong platform to mount the skid plate using four heavy duty M8 (5/16 inch) bolts.
Ground clearance is an extremely important but often overlooked consideration, especially on bigger bikes. Honda made the effort to give this bike substantial clearance, and thanks to the bike’s frame rail design the AltRider skid plate was engineered to retain as much of that clearance as possible when installed. Some skid plates utilize a corrugated design to enhance strength, but those designs also sacrifice clearance. The AltRider skid plate was given a smooth bottom design for max clearance and easy manoeuvring over obstacles, and the four mounting points on the frame rails make up that strength.
AltRider’s intelligent bracket design allows users to change the oil with the bracket in place. The skid plate (without optional extension) is also compatible with the centre stand on, and can be installed on both DCT and manual transmission models. The one-piece skid plate is simple to install, and all top-quality hardware is provided.
- AltRider motorcycle accessories are 100% designed and manufactured in the USA
- Single piece of 0.16 inch (4.1 mm) aluminum is laser cut, grain finished, formed and TIG welded
- Protects entire bottom side of liquid cooled motor including headers
- Cut outs allow for airflow and heat dissipation
- Larger 2 inch (50.8 mm) diameter formed bends for added strength and better cornering clearance
- Smooth bottom surface for ground clearance and ability to slide over obstacles without getting hung up
- Mounts to four factory hard points, and rubber shock absorbing bumpers spread load to frame rails
- Mounting bracket has captured threaded fasteners for ease of installation
- Stainless steel fasteners for long life and corrosion resistance
- Available in silver or black
- Compatible with Adventure Sports model
- Compatible with Honda Light Bar
- Optional extension plate not compatible with centre stand
- Optional extension plate not compatible with Adventure Sports
- Not compatible with optional DCT foot shifter